Wind

"Do not be astonished that I said to you. 'You must be born from above'. The wind blows where it chooses, and you hear the sound of it, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit."
John 1: 7 - 8 NRSV


That's what Jesus told Nicodemus, who came with questions by night.


Father, give me the courage of Nicodemus: 
when I ask, 'how can this be?' 
May I trust your answer and grasp your truth 
and open myself to the risk of change, 
through the power of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

(Prayer by Judith Dimond from 'Gazing on the Gospels Year A')


This post is the 12th in a daily Lenten series based on 1 of the Bible readings from the Common Worship Lectionary of the Church of England. This one is based on John 1: 1-17.

Comments

Post a Comment