I promised a series of posts in response to his questions. Here's the 2nd in the series.
One question he asked was why people read blogs more in 'working hours' than other times, for example weekends or public holidays? You may know whether or not the premise is true. Assuming it is, here's my 1st thoughts about why people might read blogs more in working hours.
Some Reasons Why People Read Blogs in Working Hours
- Some read blogs in working hours because they are paid to do so, it's in their job description, so reading blogs is work.
- Some read blogs in working hours as part of keeping up with new developments/people in their field, so reading relevant professional blogs is work.
- Some read blogs in their work-place for relaxation during a coffee or meal break, so it's not work, but is OK.
- Some read blogs during working hours instead of working because they find their work boring. This is defrauding their employer (if they have one).
- Some read blogs because they are not at work but are awake.
Well, that's a start. Any other ideas? When do you read blogs? And why then?