Where did summer go?

Back in May I started this blog because I like learning new skills. I managed a few summer posts and then lapsed into silence, except for commenting on other people's blogs. I clearly haven't yet learned how to incorporate regular blogging into my lifestyle.


This photo of a poppy in my garden was taken about the time of my last blog. It's not very seasonal for the UK today, but I include it to brighten things up now that our summer seems to have gone.


My last post 'Painting Sand Dunes' was about my attempts at watercolour painting. Since then I managed to exhibit 2 paintings (including poppies) among others from my class in a student exhibition in August. I was hugely encouraged by comments of people who visited the exhibition. I know I've made progress and that's all down to practice and a good teacher.


I'm going to try to blog more often this autumn. I've noticed a few other bloggers like me who start with good intentions but don't keep it up.


The same applies to lots of us who intend to practice prayer more often - it's not always easy to keep going.

I have found a good teacher for prayer (and much more than a teacher) - Jesus of Nazareth. Or did he find me? For me, the meaning of my blog title 'Seeker' comes from Jesus' words about prayer and seeking God's kingdom first:
"search, and you will find..everyone who searches, finds.." (Matthew 7: 7-8).

Image Credit: my own photo 

Comments