Progress Prize


I was surprised and pleased yesterday to be awarded a prize following the art school exhibitions in August

No I was not the winner - no surprises there. But I was presented with the award ( a bottle of bubbly) for 'the best progress in this class'.

This was a great encouragement to me to persevere with learning to paint with watercolours. Then someone I know commented,
"I suppose a best progress prize shows just how far you had to go from your start - it could mean from bottom of the class to 3rd from bottom".
He's right of course, but I will not be deterred from trying a bit longer. As I've previously blogged, I do have a good tutor in Linda Travers Smith. In any case I don't see an art class as a competitive situation. We learn from and encourage each other. However I do enjoy competing with myself and trying to get better - if only I had more time to practice.

Image Credit: Pixabay, CC License

Comments

  1. Well done! Competing with yourself is the only true competition, in anything creative, surely?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment