Upside-down

As a child I loved hanging upside down from trees, climbing frames, wall bars etc. I also enjoyed standing on my head or hands. You get to see life from a different perspective.

Everything looks different upside down. I don't have a photo of me doing that and I'm certainly not going to start trying it again at my age. So here is an upside down photo of a place I know well when it's the right way up.

This blog isn't really about upside-down photos but about upside-down values, which could turn out to be the right way up.

Imagine a society where those who are despised, forgotten or neglected receive the greatest reward, or in Jesus' words are truly 'blessed'. It's the opposite of what usually happens.

Based on Jesus' 'beatitudes' Matthew 5: 1 - 10 this video is worth taking a look at.



Photo: my own, turned upside down

Comments