Pilgrimage Retrospective Part 1. What I did/didn't do.
Things I didn't do on Diocese of Oxford Pilgrimage to Holy Land:
- I didn't buy a drink in the 'Lowest Bar in the World".
- I didn't sink in the Dead Sea. I tried and failed as did others as you can see here.
- I didn't run round the walls of Jerusalem (or anywhere else) early in the morning.
- I didn't catch fish in the sea of Galilee.
- I didn't get re-baptised in the River Jordan.
- I did drink a lot - mostly water because of the heat.
- I did stand in shallow Dead Sea water, with great difficulty from a floating position.
- I did take hundreds of pictures of walls of all sorts, some of them shocking.
- I did sing the British National Anthem standing in a fishing boat on the Sea of Galilee. (How bizarre is that?)
- I did renew baptismal vows at the River Jordan, was annointed with oil of chrism and then had a paddle in the water. A full immersion would have been more cooling.
Photo: my own