The Archers and having a 3rd nipple

Are you an Archers fan? If you are, you belong to a special species of listeners to BBC Radio who can't get by without a daily fix of this everyday story of countryfolk. If you suffer from this addiction, don't worry. According to The Times columnist David Aaronavitch (BBC radio 4 interview today) liking the Archers is no worse than a mild congenital abnormality, like
"having a third nipple".
The Archers has now passed its 60th birthday and is the longest running BBC radio soap. I grew up with the Archers and for years later was a loyal listener. I'm pleased it's still going, even if I've stopped listening regularly. I've fond memories of the programme and if I catch it by chance on the car radio I enjoy a catch up. I had intended to tune in to the 60th birthday edition to discover what the event was that would shake Ambridge to its core, but I forgot. I heard a rumour that Nigel fell off a roof, but why or with what consequence I don't know and frankly don't care. But if you were shaken to the core by yesterday's progamme, my commiserations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mary Sumner, Founder of the Mothers' Union

Maximilian Kolbe (1894 - 1941)

What is a holiday?

Clare of Assisi, Founder of the Minoresses (Poor Clares)

The Transfiguration of our Lord