Advent Word: Restore

On the 22nd day of Advent the Advent Word is 'restore'.

I am enjoying looking at this image of a peaceful path and summer greenery.

The weather in the UK has been mostly dark and wet during this Advent season. I look forward to summer and the chance to walk on dry paths again.

Meanwhile, I am looking forward to the celebration of Christmas.

Christmas can be very busy, but it can also be restorative, a time to renew relationships, take a break and enjoy a time of rest and refreshment.

The word 'restore' makes me think of Psalm 23 about the divine 'good shephered'. Here are the first 3 verses:
"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. 
He makes me lie down in green pastures; 
he leads me beside still waters; 
he retores my soul.
He leads me in right paths  
for his name's sake."
Psalm 23: 1 - 4 NRSV
I hope all who read this will find some way to be restored today, even if you are busy.



Comments