Advent Word: Visit









Today's Advent Word in the 2019 Advent Word Calendar is 'Visit'.

Over the next couple of days I will be making a visit to a part of the country I know well, but no longer visit as much as I used to do.

The main purpose of the visit is a funeral. That will involve a visit to a church new to me. I wonder if it will have Advent candles - a reminder of the various ways in which God comes to visit, through various chosen people and then supremely in Jesus, son of Mary of Nazareth.

The visit will also include a visit to relatives and hopefully an enjoyable time catching up with each other and enjoying shared food.

I hope to visit places where I have enjoyed many walks and picnics in the past, including the place shown in my photo. At what can be such a busy time of year, preparing for Christmas it will be good to find some peace by visiting a place that includes such happy memories.

What does the word 'visit' evoke in your mind?

Image Credit: my own photo taken while grieving.

Comments

  1. Am looking forward to meeting up with you both again later today. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment