Free me and fill me



Here is a prayer I love. I should pray it more often. It is appropriate to pray at any stage of life, in any circumstances. The first 2 lines seem particularly appropriate just now with all the fear and anxiety around due to the current rapid spread in the UK of Covid-19. I do not know the author. If you do, please tell me.

Free me 
from all fear of the future, 
from all anxiety about tomorrow, 
from all bitterness towards anyone, 
from all cowardice in the face of danger, 
from all laziness in the face of work, 
from all weakness when your power is at hand. 


Fill me 
with love that knows no barrier, 
with sympathy that reaches to all, 
with courage that cannot be shaken, 
with faith strong enough for the darkness, 
with strength sufficient for my tasks, 
with loyalty to your kingdom's goals, 
with wisdom to meet life's complexities, 
with power to lift my eyes up to You!


Comments